Visit the Sale Section and Save up to 50% on Lingerie from Journelle!

DIY Facial Mask Perfect for a Sunday Afternoon

I decided today was going to be a feminine pampering day.  I had been writing all morning, pinning, tumblring and basically getting it done while I was still in my pink and purple plaid flannel pajamas. Hey, it was in the 30's this morning in Southern California and my bedroom was about 58 degrees when I woke up. Not a night for sexy lingerie!

I decided a detoxing bath was just the thing, so after soaking in Epson Salts and a few drops of lavender essential oil, I showered and it was time to lather on the facial mask.

I picked this mask because it only had two ingredients - powered milk and water. So I mixed up 3 teaspoons of powered milk and a little more than 1 teaspoon of water to form a tick paste.

I have to say, the mask was lumpy and smelled like baby bottle milk and corn chips when I was putting it on and it was quite a turn off until I was either used to the smell or it disappeared. Next time, I will add some honey - an option ingredient I had elected to do without - if only to improve the smell.

Okay, the directions said to let it sit for 15 minutes. I grabbed my lazy clothes for the day - black yoga pants and a poppy red V-neck that would hopefully draw attention away from my "no makeup but lipstick" look I had elected to go with. Then I touched my face.

The mask was as hard as concrete after about 10 minutes. I splashed warm water on my face and gently started to wash it off. After a few minutes, I grabbed a washcloth as this stuff was really stuck.

The end result? Smooth, soft, silky skin that looked incredible! Would I do it again? Yes, but I will be adding a little honey to improve the smell.  Now that I know to expect the concrete hardening aspect, I can say it's worth it for the silky smooth complexion this mask reveals.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment